Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Critical Thinking Blog #3

Research Paper Brainstorm

All five research paper ideas sound so interesting that it’s so hard to narrow down to just two. What’s even harder is to pick just one topic out of those ideas. So far, as of right now I’ve gotten down to three research paper ideas: #2 Science and Technology: Promise and Peril, #3 Darwin and ?????? and #5 Historical Research on a Scientist (and a Controversy) from Our Syllabus. On #2 Science and Technology: Promise and Peril, just from reading the possible entries, I’m interested in writing about: The vision of a car-driven future of suburbia in the New York’s, The World’s Fair (1939-1940) vs. the problem of global warming, The promise of human cloning (stem cell research) vs. potential problems (from bioethicists, etc), or The promise of the Internet vs. it’s possible negative effects on our attention span, and/or physical or mental health. For #3 Darwin and ??????, I’m curious to write about Darwinism and religion, biology, and philosophy. I’m sure there was and still are so much controversy on Darwin and what he thought of all of these humanistic areas and I would like to find out more about them. For research paper idea #5 Historical Research on a Scientist (and a Controversy) from Our Syllabus, I am thinking about researching on Galileo Galilei, Charles Darwin, or Albert Einstein. I know little about each of these scientists so that’s why I want to do more research on their perspectives on science and what they have achieved in their life time.

After taking some time to think about which research paper idea I would like to write about, I narrowed down to #2 Science and Technology: Promise and Peril and #5 Historical Research on a Scientist (and a Controversy) from Our Syllabus. For #2 Science and Technology: Promise and Peril, I narrowed my interests to writing on: The vision of a car-driven future of suburbia in the New York’s, The World’s Fair (1939-1940) vs. the problem of global warming or The promise of the Internet vs. it’s possible negative effects on our attention span, and/or physical or mental health. For #5 Historical Research on a Scientist (and a Controversy) from Our Syllabus, I still haven’t decided who I would like to do more research on. Galileo Galilei, Charles Darwin, or Albert Einstein, I’ll be doing a little research on all three to decide on who I would like to look ahead with if I choose to pick #5 for my research paper idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment