Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Critical Thinking Blog Post #8

Final Course Reflection

Before taking this course, my thoughts of science and humanities were totally different than what I think of them after finishing this class. In some ways, before, I didn’t think that science and humanities weren’t even related to each other, but learning about Futurama which was interrelated to global warming; Albert Einstein, a famous scientist who I thought was just a genius who developed scientific formulas was the “father” of the atomic weapon, which put a huge dent on the humanities; “Frankenstein”, who used science to create something beautiful like a living being but this wonderful living creature who was made from science hurt the humanities also. I learned that science and the humanities are really intertwined with each other like peanut butter and jelly. One can’t really “survive” without the other.

Before taking this course, I would’ve probably said that science and technology were different, in the most different way but reading the play, “A Number” by Caryl Churchill and other scientific/technology related articles, novels and more; it has shown me that for example, cloning wouldn’t be possible without the science and technology related to each other. I feel as though I have become more of a humanities person after taking this course because this course has really opened my eyes to the consequences that scientist have to face in order to live out their dream experiments to express their ideas and theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment